To report your claim:

There are three ways you can report your claim: by contacting your insurance agent, calling 800-547-8676, or you can file one online.

For Allstate policies, you can visit the Allstate claims page to file online.

You should organize and photograph any damages to your property.

In order to document your loss, organize your property and take pictures of all the damage. Your photographs are key in helping us understand what you experienced.

Make a list of everything damaged by the storm.

List all damaged items and their quantity, description, age, replacement cost amount, room/location of the goods, and model and serial numbers if available.

Make a list of areas with structural damage.

Make a list of structural damage you want to point out to your adjuster.  Keep notes of any questions to ask your adjuster. 

What to Do After a Flood in Your House

Understand what to expect when working with your insurance adjuster.

Your insurance adjuster will be in touch soon to schedule an inspection of the damage. This will give them the opportunity to document what needs to be repaired or replaced.

Measuring your loss

The adjuster will take measurements, photographs, and note any direct physical damage due to the flood. In addition, the adjuster will also look for any signs of water damage, such as mold or mildew.

The Adjuster will prepare a detailed estimate

Once the adjuster has collected all of this information, they will prepare a report for the insurance company.

Starting your repairs:

Contractors should provide you with a room by room detailed unit cost for each trade  or repair (required by NFIP for additional payment consideration). Do not start repairs until you have received a claim number and the green light from your adjuster.

Some insurance companies may require that you use a contractor from their approved list, while others will allow you to choose your own.

If you have chosen your own contractor, make sure they are qualified, licensed, and insured.

Review and Approval:

All estimates are subject to review and approval. Your adjuster can’t approve or deny your claim. The adjuster has to sumbit your claim for approval from the insurance carrier.

Signing the Proof of Loss:

Your insurance company will give you a Proof of Loss Form. You must sign and send in the Proof of Loss form within 60 days of your loss or you will have to submit a non-waiver agreement. Once you have completed the form, they will request settlement checks from you through mail.

Request for Additional Payment:

Like your initial claim, you must submit this request within 60 days after the loss. If you discover more damage beyond the 60-day limit, contact the Allstate Flood Claims Department at 888-202-3716 as soon as possible. Allstate considers claims individually on a case-by-case basis after 60 days have passed.

What to Do After a Flood in Your House

Quality Assurance:

Allstate and the NFIP work together to provide exceptional customer service.

You may  received a phone call from an Allstate team member requesting to perform a phone survey. Additionally, an  Allstate Quality Assurance adjuster or a NFIP General Adjuster may request a re-inspection of your property.  This re-inspection is to verify the accuracy of your adjuster’s report and ensure the quality of your claim.